is it really time?
Yes, yes it is. I know - it's so weird that you or your baby is a senior. But it's happening. For parents this can be a tough time. For seniors, it can be bittersweet. You're ready for your next chapter, but you aren't so ready to leave friends and the comfort of high school and all the things you know so well. But this is all the more reason to make sure you have your senior portraits done. You will never regret having these photos to look back on, remembering a simpler, yet complex time in your life.
what do we do now?
Find a photographer that specializes in senior portraits. This will be someone who can connect well with both senior and parent and help you along the way with whatever you need, from outfit questions, location questions, etc. We may carry the title of photographer, but there's so much more we do and know about to make things a breeze for you.
some things to think about
Again, your photographer will have ideas and be able to steer you in the right direction, but here are some things to consider when preparing for your session:
- What is your style and how do you envision that style being photographed? Do you like an urban style with textured walls, abandoned buildings, and city streets? Or do you like old barns, creeks, and open fields?
- What outfits and colors do you want to wear to show your best features?
- Will you have professional hair and makeup done? If so, who will do it?
- What/who do you want to incorporate into your photos? You could bring your best friend, a letterman jacket, your car, or even baby photos.
- How many images do you expect in your gallery?
- Do you want large prints and/or an album?
- Will you have graduation cards made?
- Do you want a cap and gown session?
Whew! That's a lot to think about. So, consider these things when choosing a photographer and the packages offered.
what i offer
I offer one standard fee for my senior sessions that includes 2-3 hours of shooting, 50+ edited images in an online gallery where you can easily download, share and print (even graduation cards) all of the high resolution digital files. It also includes 2-4 outfit changes and 2-3 locations. Albums are a perfect add-on as a beautiful heirloom.
Click here to view Addison's senior session.